Dayton Daily News:
I recently (October 22, 2012) wrote an op-ed telling my personal story about Obamacare for the Dayton Daily News. This story got a lot of response so I am publishing it here:
Dayton Jewish Observer:
I write occasional articles, under the byline Martha Moody Jacobs, for the Dayton Jewish Observer.
- A rite of passage for any age
- Sam Friedman: enjoying every day
- Zelda and Ira Segalewitz: the heart and soul of their congregation
- Fly in that Elvis impersonator
- Teaching and Learning in an Arab-Israeli Village
- Martha's short story, "Like the Arrival of Angels", was a finalist for the Best American Short Stories of 1985.
In my college days, I translated Latin American women's poetry.
My Connection with Translator Jamal Assadi
In 2007 I was introduced, through a twist of circumstances that seemed like fate, to Jamal Assadi. Jamal, his wife Dalia, and their six children are natives of Deir al Assad, Israel, an Arab village in the northern Galilee.
Through this connection we have come to collaborate on both an English summer camp for children in Israel, as well as his collections of translated stories.